1 loss of emotional control often resulting in emotional collapse
2 rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral [syn: spin]
- The rapid, uncontrollable descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral.
- The loss of the third engine threw the plane into a tailspin.
- A severe mental or
emotional collapse; emotional breakdown.
- Just hours after leaving the institution, she suffered another tailspin.
- Any sharp, sustained, often uncontrollable descent or decline.
- Spanish: barrena
The term Tailspin can refer to several things:
- Tailspin: Behind the Korean Airliner Tragedy, a 1989 television movie that tells the story of Korean Air Flight 007, which was shot down by Soviet jet fighters in 1983.
- TaleSpin, an animated character series that used characters from the Disney animated movie The Jungle Book
- Spin (flight), the rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral, or a sharp uncontrollable descent
- "Tailspin" is the name of a song by the American rock band moe. from their 2007 album The Conch
- Tailspin was the name of DandiLion Park's signature roller coaster.